Home / Composite Bonding Cullompton Devon
Swiftly Smarten Up Your Smile
Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure in which a tooth-coloured composite resin material is applied to your teeth to improve your smile. Composite bonding treatment can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, broken, cracked, stained or have spaces between them.
Bonding your front teeth actually requires minimal preparation of the tooth. The tooth is roughened with a conditioning gel to help the bonding material adhere to the tooth. The composite resin is then applied and cured with ultraviolet light. The dentist will then shape and polish the resin to its final appearance.
- Your dentist picks a shade of resin that matches the natural colour of your teeth.
- The resin is carefully applied to your teeth, with no need for any work or damage to them.
- Your dentist then carefully shapes and smooths the resin to hide any imperfections, for a result that looks entirely natural.
- Once the resin has been shaped, it is hardened very quickly with the help of a special light.
Although composite bonding treatment does not last as long as veneers, many patients find the treatment is highly cost-effective. It can also be repeated with no damage at all to your teeth.
- A natural, healthy smile that you are proud to show off.
- No preparation of your teeth is required, meaning they remain strong.
- Treatment can usually be completed in one short visit to the practice.
Composite Edge Bonding
Composite edge bonding uses dental bonding material that is applied to the edge of your teeth. It can be used to fix or disguise many dental flaws.
Composite edge bonding can:
- Neaten out worn edges of teeth
- Disguise a chipped or fractured tooth
- Give an even finish to jagged teeth
- Elongate short or small looking teeth
- Close gaps between teeth